Bachman’s Holiday Ideas House opens today. The historic family home at 5936 Lyndale Ave. S. in Minneapolis, adjacent to the Bachman’s store, is made over seasonally to inspire decorating ideas. Themes for holiday decorating and entertaining:
- Give the porch a soothing and relaxing look for winter with birch and simple, natural elements.
- This is the time of year to go formal in the dining room: traditional dinner setting, vintage silver serving pieces and for a festive touch, poinsettia dinnerware.
- Get the house dressed up for New Year’s Eve with silver touches and blue-green accents
- Re-purpose a sun room as a cocktail and bar area
- Pull out the peppermint and holly dinnerware for cookie-making
- Fancy yourself Candy Spelling by turning a spare room into a neat and pretty gift wrapping space…at least for the season.
Bachman’s Ideas House is open today through Sunday, Dec. 12 (closed Mondays). Tickets are $5 with 20 percent of proceeds benefiting Children’s Home Society and Family Services. Visitors will receive a coupon for $5 off a $25 purchase at Bachman’s. Order tickets online, call 612-861-7311 or buy at the store.